At Romans Field School safeguarding and child protection is very important to us and we are fully committed to ensuring the welfare and safety of all our pupils. We believe that pupils have a right to learn in a supportive, caring and safe environment which includes the right to protection from all types of abuse. Staff are vigilant for signs of any pupil in distress and are confident about applying the processes to avert and alleviate any such problems.
Our aim is to ensure:
• all our pupils are safe and protected from harm;
• other elements of provision and policies are in place to enable pupils to feel safe and adopt safe practices;
• staff, pupils, governors, visitors, volunteers and parent/carers are aware of the expected behaviours’ and the school’s legal responsibilities in relation to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of our pupils.
We believe that safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility and as such our school aims to create the safest environment within which every pupil has the opportunity to strive and reach their potential. We recognise the importance of us ensuring our pupils know how to seek support, feel that they will be listened to and appropriate action taken. We will do this by working in partnership with other agencies and seek to establish effective working relationships with parents, carers and other colleagues to develop and provide activities and opportunities throughout our curriculum that will help our children to develop the skills they need. This will include materials and learning experiences that will encourage our children to develop essential life skills and protective behaviours.
Romans Field School follow and adhere to the MK Together procedures and a direct link to their website is available at this address https://www.mktogether.co.uk/
Support is gained through MASH (Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub) and Children and Family Practice who strive to offer families with the support they require. They will work with us to improve outcomes for our children and their families.
Safeguarding is about ensuring that everyone is safe from harm, this includes being safe from bullying, safe from people who could abuse, safe from discrimination or harassment and also addresses a person's mental and physical health so that we all feel safe in our environment.
If you have any concerns with regards to your or another child, talking helps.
The Designated Safeguarding Team at Romans Field School are as follows
- Dr Diane Elleman - Executive Headteacher (Deputy DSL)
- Mr Steven Tysom - Head of School (Deputy DSL)
- Ms Siva - Head of Special Projects (DSL)
- Miss Baldwin - Deputy Head Teacher (DSL)
- Mrs Amanda Brown - Head of Pastoral Care (DSL)
- Ms Michelle Keane - Family Liaison Officer (Deputy DSL)
The safeguarding team will work together with other agencies to address any issues as they arise to ensure everyone is safe.
All information will remain confidential but if there are concerns in relation to the safety of the child, we will have to refer it to the relevant agencies.
Click Here for website
Phone - 01908 254373
Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH)
Phone - 01908 253169 / 253170