PE Sports Premium
For the financial year 2019-2020 PE and Sports Premium funding was allocated to years 1 to 6 to promote improvements in PE and sport in primary schools.
So far in 2019-2020 the school has received £6,858 for PE and Sport Premium. It is anticipated that we will received a total of £13,716.
In order to raise attainment in sport and PE, develop interest in a range of sporting activities and to engender healthier life styles our PE and Sport Premium allocation has focused on the following areas:
- repairing and servicing of the PE equipment (indoor and outdoor);
- purchasing of PE equipment;
- contributing to the salary costs of the PE Specialist;
- purchasing an interactive board which is used for the teaching of PE;
- lunch-time sessions led by the Brazillian Soccer School;
- classes have attended Kingston Gymnastics Club;
- Bikeability level 1.
In additional to the targeted funding the school has further developed PE and Sport through the following activities which have been funded from the school's budget or from additional funding:
- Ifly sessions for all pupils;
- continuing to fund a PE Specialist;
- continuing to provide swimming sessions for all pupils including employing a swimming coach and the transportation costs;
- further developing extra-curricular sports provision;
- employing specialist coaches for some sports;
- offering the residential experience to a wider range of pupils.
- Pupils having accessed to a wider range of PE and Sports activities.
- All pupils were able to successfully attend a swimming programme (minimum 6 weeks).
- Extra-curricular provision including PE and Sports activities has increased thus widening the participation of pupils in lessons.
- All year groups have made above average progress in PE during Autumn 1.