PE Sports Premium
For the financial year 2021 – 2022, PE and Sports Premium funding was allocated across years 1 to 6 to promote improvements in PE and sport in primary schools. Our focus, as a school, was to reflect on the impact of Covid on our pupils and identify ways to develop our in-school provision as well as broadening opportunities through off-site trips and sessions.
The total PE and Sport Premium allocation for Romans Fields for 2021 - 2022 was £16,547.
Provision Targeted Funding
In order to promote healthy, active lifestyles and to raise attainment and engagement of our pupils in both sport and PE we have used our Sport premium allocation as follows:
- Paramount parkour lunchtime sessions - £1,100
- MK Dons SET lunchtime sessions - £116.60
- Swimming lessons for Year 6- £667.50
- Gravity trampolining PE visit - £194.25
- Playground development- basketball goal, fun ball game - £3,334.05
- Mini tennis balls- £13.33
- A set of basketballs- £100
- Precision hand pumps - £14.95
- Hula hoop set - £26.99
- Table tennis balls- £4.99
- Jumping sacks - £39.99
- A pair of Samba goals- £149.98
PE equipment maintenance
- Universal services - £35.20
Total Expenditure: £5,797.83
Furthermore, to compliment the targeted funding the school has further developed PE and Sport through the following activities which have been funded from the school's budget or from additional funding:
- Continuing to fund a PE Specialist to develop the school's approach to PE and sport.
- Further developing extra-curricular sports provision.
- Continuing to develop and implement the long-term plan for PE.
The impact of our Sport premium funding has enabled the following to occur:
- Our pupils have access to a wider range of PE and Sports activities during the school day through the new equipment purchased or sessions provided
- Extra-curricular provision and lunchtime sessions allow all pupils the opportunity to partake in more PE and Sports opportunities
- There is a continued focus on teaching high quality PE lessons, delivered by the PE team and class teams, which have maintained good pupil participation and engagement which means that they enjoy the subject.
- 40% of our pupils can swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 meters.
- 47% can us a range of swimming strokes, for example, front crawl, backstroke and breaststroke.
- 93% of our pupils can perform a safe self-rescue in different water based situations.